Arwen's Realm

A Virtual Community
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:59 am

Welcome
Welcome to Arwen's Realm!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Fallout 4 Confirmed
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/Lnn2rJpjar4

No word yet on the details or the release date . . . but it does take place in Boston this time.

Arwen's Star Citizen Journal

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Confirmed
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 am 

Thanks for the link Arwen.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:06 am 

Thanks Arwen! I am looking forward to the new Fallout (and hope the map get bigger this time). But i guess we will have to wait for the E3 for more Information.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:38 am 

The E3 showcase looks very good. But what i not really like that much is the new Mass Effect like Dialogue with just 3 or 4 choices...together with Voice Acting for the player character...

A second point i could not verify yet: will there be skills? I read some mixed messags on that on the F4 Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Here's a link to the full E3 Fallout 4 presentation video.

There's always a lot of hype/oversell at this stage, but I'm happy that we will have a Fallout 4 fairly soon [release is Nov 10], and I do like a lot of what was presented. My concern is that they actually make the game challenging . . . instead of focusing too much on the "fun" aspect. Hopefully we'll be able to mod this one as well.

The face sculpting character creation part looks like a huge improvement over what we have in FO3. Plus you get to customize both you and your spouse, and then your child's appearance will be based on their appearances. [But I don't understand how that will all fit in with the sole-survivor part of the game.]

And I really like the seamless open world, with no loading screens.

I've recently been replaying Mass Effect 3, and I always preferred the way that game handles conversations over how it was done in FO3. I like the way my character in ME3 has a voice and the way I steer the directions of conversations by just selecting a word or two . . . and that you can end conversations at any point. It looks like FO4 will use something very similar.

The crafting system looks like it could be fun and very creative, where you'll be able to break down most things and use their parts in other ways.

I love the look of the new PipBoy and the fact that we can have a canine companion.

Arwen's Star Citizen Journal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:52 am 

Well i have to wait for more Info once we get sooner to the release date. Overall i am a bit sceptical as they tend to move more towards Game Consoles (judging from what i see and know so far!). Nevertheless am also happy to see another Fallout and i am already looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:04 am 

So, has anyone gotten the Pip boy ap for their phone yet? It's been out for awhile now. Looks like a fun game that is available for free as well for the phone.
In case you haven't see what I'm talking about, check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_YHgo ... 2297478181

Looks like everyone is getting in on building your own base now including Fallout 4. But at least you can build more than one from the looks of it as you can scrap resources from other buildings and things and then use them to build whatever for your own protection, grow food, etc. Perhaps this is turning out to be a survival game of the fallout type even with NPC characters joining your town as you will need to protect them from the Raiders. It looks like they are putting a lot into this game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:45 pm 

I have to wait cause its just for Apple at the moment as far as i know...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:48 am 

What can I say? I cannot wait for your survival mod Arwen - one of the best mods ever created for a fallout game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:47 am 

Hi wirtual82, welcome on board :-) I assume you have preordered...i am still undecided if i preorder F4, but i know time is running up for a decision...;-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:05 am 

JBuford wrote:
Hi wirtual82, welcome on board :-) I assume you have preordered...i am still undecided if i preorder F4, but i know time is running up for a decision...;-)

Welcome, yeah, I've preordered to get a steelbook etc., but I will probably not rush my playthrough. I usually wait untill games become mature, and I play them heavily modded.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:37 am 

Well i have it preordered also...could not resist. I have tonight time and will check it out, but i will also wait for a few essential mods before digging into it....i hope the change in dialogues and the - most likely - console like GUI wont be a too big downer for me...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:55 pm 

I got the game and have 8 hours invested. I have enjoyed it so far.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:22 am 

Every video I watched from different people have expressed their joy with the game as thee is something in it that they personally like. The crafting looks okay, but I can see where it might get to be a pain at times scraping stuff. And building fencing around the place but at least you can customize it which is great. Unfortunately though you can only build at settlement sites. In seven days to die however, anyplace you like is fair game.

I'm surprised that they use so much off language though since kids would be playing the game as well. I would hope there is a setting in there to void that when kids are playing. ha ha.

The weapon upgrade system appears good too. And I notice that you have to be alert to notice things as many players I watched walked right past items and places to explore. Looks like there is a lot to see in the game though. I'll get it eventually but right now I'm expecting 7DTD to release Alpha 13 any day now and it should be prior to Thanksgiving since they will want to be off as well. It will be like playing a new game from all the changes they made in it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:35 am 

So i got a chance to play it for an hour or so, and i have some reservations.

*) The opening is OK, but i have seen better in the series
*) Character Creation: hm...the whole story at the beginning with the family is very well made, but i also like others of the series better (e.g. FO:NV)
*) I tend to agree that they dumbed it down in some ways (e.g. no Weapon deterioration, Lockout from Terminals reset after 10 sec).
*) they redesigned the Skills completely and some complain about it - so far i have no big deal with it
*) The crafting i have not yet had a chance to test, but in a Fallout game its not that relevant for me anyway. Afterall its a RPG! (or was once...)
*) Graphics: looks good to me and i like the design of the world so far. Its a game that needs a lot of time to wander around and explore - i like that a lot!
*) I dont have a big problem with the "Console way of dialogue selecting", but installed already a Mod to get rid of that. I simple prefer the PC way.
*) The voice acting and the dialogue scenes i dont like. One of the great aspects of Fallout 3 for me, was to hear what the NPC says, thinking about it, have the great backround sound/music, and have it static...
*) Pip-Boy connection to my Android tablet is an excellent thing: i like that a lot!

So in conclusion: i will let it rest until the GECK comes out and the Mods are coming in full swing. I think it will enjoy it much much more with some major changes through Mods.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:22 am 

Well still no GECK in sight...apparently we have some chances to get it in April though - if the rumors are correct

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 am 

I was not aware of GECK. I have not seen any mods using it in earlier versions of Fallout or at least was not aware it was. That would be kind of cool if they did use it to recreate a different environment. That was one of the issues in 7 days where they things you produce as materials was still crappy, like trying to see through glass windows you just made that were already ruined and that ruins immersion if you are trying to rebuild in a word in ruins. I guess that would allow for mods much like they did in Skyrim? That would be really cool.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:26 am 

Yes, the GECK is essential to make really sophisticated mods...without it, F4 will be rather dull (at least for my taste)..