Arwen's Realm

A Virtual Community
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Arwen's Realm!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Initial impressions
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:31 am 

Been playing the pc version for 20-ish minutes, and so far I can say:

... not much really. Way too early. :D

Though I will say the interface is nice!
... if you have a console. :(
As a pc player it's just obnoxiously slow to deal with. Buuuut I might learn to use it better with time.

More coming soon, and anyone else got some initial impressions? :P

Post subject: Re: Initial impressions
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:19 am 

the UI doesn't pain me as much as does the absence of hotkeys for weapons, items, and magic. now i have to use this favorites menu which isn't very fun because it forces you to pause the game during combat when you need to switch hands.

other than that, yes, too early to tell. hopefully there will be a big patch soon to fix the bugs and glitches, for example the crashing of the game in bonechill passage. there's an unofficial patch already in the works, https://unofficialskyrimpatch.16bugs.com/projects/7078 so far they're just compiling a list of things that need to be addressed. you can also submit any bug fix requests there.

the game is fun, i'm loving it so far. skyrim is my second home.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 am 
Site Admin

My copy arrived late yesterday, so I've only played it for a few hours . . . and spent half of that trying to unsuccessfully make a non-ugly Wood Elf (who look more hideous than they did in Morrowind). I'm NOT happy with the limited face gen, and the very limited hair styles/color and eye colors. [No pinkish-purple hair colored, blue-eyed wood elf until someone mods this.]

Even with the little bit that I played, it is obvious that Skyrim is a VERY easy game. The health regens way too fast, free potions are VERY easy to find, free food is plentiful and heals. [The health regen heals so fast that I haven't even had to drink a potion or eat any healing food yet.] And gold is VERY easy to come by (no surprise there either). And there's way too much blood . . . and I hate the forced 3rd person finishing moves. And I hate having to freeze combat just to select a weapon (we seriously need real hotkeys).

I don't mean to be so negative, but I was hoping for more from Bethesda this time . . . even though I predicted that Skyrim would be more of a fast-paced action game than an in-depth RPG (I was hoping that I would be wrong). And it isn't that the game is all bad. Not at all. I'm having fun playing it (even with all the above issues), and it is superior to Oblivion in many ways. It runs VERY well on my older PC (much better than OB ever did) and is graphically much better looking, and the animations, voices, and conversations are much better.

Plus I can probably fix like have the above issues pretty easily, once the Creation Kit is released. And I'm guessing that mods will be released to fix the rest fairly soon.

Arwen's Star Citizen Journal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:39 am 

Highscores: 1
I am very impressed with the sound track. The music is much better than Oblivion's and that's not saying Oblivion had bad music. I'm saying that it's much better.
I was afraid this game would be over the top gore. Except for the opening scene I don't think it's that bad. I think it's tame compared to Fallout 3
The first thing I did when I got out of the tutorial was go find some awesome vistas. While they are truly impressive, I think the game could benefit from some lod enhancements.
I am not keen on the console feel the game has. Oblivion had a bit of a console feel but this one is even more so in that direction with the controls.
I had to change some of the key bindings. The most important one I changed was Alt to sprint. Shift was unnecessary. That's what Caps Lock is for. Alt is in a horrible place for sprinting. I swapped those keys so now I hold Shift to sprint. It's in a much more strategic location.
As a warrior class you really should get rid of the cross hair. It's worthless.
After playing for 5 min I had to find the difficulty control and max it. I hate being low level and being able to go into a cave full of spiders and slaughter them all. It takes away from realism. After the difficulty tweak the game is much harder but has a much more "it's a dangerous place out there" feel.

All in all, I think it's a great game. I hyped myself into a frenzy about this game and I was afraid I would be disappointed as a result. I'm very happy to report that it is not disappointing.

AlteredAgain wrote
Quote:
skyrim is my second home.
I second that. It's a truly impressive game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 am 

i think i'm gonna go do that to. i set the difficulty to expert right after exiting helgen's keep and combat is overall more risky, but i'm still left with potions and a whole ton of gold. i want to need to use alchemy.

i wish cooking was a bit more varied and complex. been picking all the food from barrels just to make a zillion vegetable soups. thinking about that, food should be more scarce in skyrim. kind of defeats the point of hunting for meat.

i just cleared bleak falls barrow and i must say i am very impressed with the dungeon design. much more interesting than in oblivion. coming out of it on the other end seeing the surface world again felt like real fresh air. i hope the puzzles get harder later on.

okay i'm diving back in. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 pm 

Another item I found that I didn't like: Stamina, and how it has been made even more unnecessary (and I am fully expecting that come TES VI, it will be gone entirely).

-Stamina regen is completely static, walking or running has no bearing on how fast it returns (Oblivion slowed it down while you were running with the ability to gradually soften this effect tied to Athletics).

-Stamina is only depleted with power-attacks and sprinting. Regular attacks do not make a dent.

-To this point, I have been unable to tell what the penalties are for depleting your Stamina during gameplay. I will need to look that up, so it goes without saying that they are so minor as to be negligible.

Skyrim will need a Realistic Fatigue equivalent mod, that's for sure.

Also, leveling now occurs so fast its unbelievable, difficulty is way too easy, and, of course, the ungodly terrible UI.

That's my list of bad so far.

The good:

-Visuals and environments are amazing.

-New animations, while stiff, are a marked improvement over the previous system.

-Soundtrack is superb.

-I like the new archery model a lot (and considering it was based on DPCA, I expected nothing less).

-I also like the new spellcasting. No spellcrafting I can deal with, but I would like to see Bethesda expand on Skyrim's spell-combos as I think that if they can do that, we will have a suitable replacement.

EDIT: For those of you who don't like the magic compass, if you delve into SkyrimPrefs.INI, under the Interface entry, you can find a setting called bShowCompass. Set that from 1 to 0 and the game won't display the compass anymore. That means no more map markers and no more quest markers (except on the map, of course, but I try not to use it much). If you are having trouble finding your objective, you can use Clairvoyance instead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:35 am 

a few possible realism tweaks i would like to see modded sometime in the future:

- like thomas said, fix stamina. 8)
- decrease the amount of lockpicks. ca 6 hours into the game and i'm already carrying over 40 lockpicks around. fewer picks means you'll be thinking twice before attempting to pick that expert lock.
- decrease the amount of gold found in dressers, barrels, skeletons, and corpses. such small amounts to be found everywhere can easily add up to thousands. to balance, increase the amount of gold to be made from hunting, smithing, cooking, etc. and from questing.
- speaking of cooking. remove food from all kinds of places. concentrate food availability in cities and make it more scarce in the wild. fresh cabbage has no place in a long forgotten dungeon. inns should not have royal buffets.
- really slow down automatic health regeneration or disable it entirely opening up alternative methods to regain life.
- definitely need a hunger, thirst, and sleep mod. i can imagine something akin to arwen's medtec module.
- combat. a head shot with an arrow in an enemy's face that is not protected by a helmet should cause immediate death. same goes for the player. exception of course are trolls, giants, undead, etc. nothing disrupts immersion like a human charging at you with 2 arrows sticking out of its eyes. :D
- i don't quite understand what the penalties for stealing are as long as i am not caught. there is no "think twice" moment because it's just too damn easy. maybe tie it in with some kind of karma system. the more you steal, the harder it gets to sell items at good value. then again the more you barter and participate in the legal economy, the better a price you can fetch for your wares.

there more than i can remember at this point but certainly the input and ideas of others will eventually lead to some neat realism mods that allow us to immerse ourselves more in the harsh unforgiving everwinter of skyrim. looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 am 

Highscores: 1
Thomas Kaira wrote:
Quote:
Another item I found that I didn't like: Stamina, and how it has been made even more unnecessary...
I think I have to disagree with that statement. I am a very standard ax and shield character. With the game difficulty maxed I find stamina to be very valuable. Although I'm only level 6 I find I need shield bash followed by a power move do dispatch my foes. When I'm out of stamina I have to resort to blocking followed by wildly hacking to really get good hits in. Sprinting is extremely valuable to make a hasty retreat and find cover and I can't sprint without it. Maybe I'm wrong and as I gain levels it will become useless but as it is right now I'm basically useless without it. By the way, I'm very impressed with the fighting tactics; a huge improvement over Oblivion.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:36 am 

More first impressions:

- health regen needs to be tweaked, way too easy as it is atm.
- the enemy is stupid. Very. I can circle around a table pelting people with spells, and they don't do a thing to counter it... :P
- I feel rather detached from my character levelling up. I can only pump magic, health, or stamina. And then the silly perks. It plays more like a dumped down adventure game than an rpg!
- sound acting and music is waaaaaay better than in Oblivion, have yet to meet a person who randomly goes from sounding like a poor old beggar to a rich young noble. :D
- graphics are definitely nice, and the dungeons are really cool to explore.
- the cities are STILL way too small. They feel at most like small outposts instead of cities. Then again Bethesda havn't been able to pull that off since Daggerfall. :P
- M'aiq the Liar is still there! :D

refractor82 wrote:
By the way, I'm very impressed with the fighting tactics; a huge improvement over Oblivion.

And that I have to disagree with.
To me it is still the same ol' button mashing, strafing around people/monsters. No tactics involved.
In fact it's gotten worse with the sudden random finishing moves.
Not that I mind them as such, one can suddenly get lucky in a battlefield and make a killing move, but do they have to show a darn 3rd person animation for it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:22 am 

so i decided to take a look at the help menu and i just found hotkeys! open favorites menu and hit 1-9 for weapon, spell, or item. no more pausing to switch hands. yay :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:34 pm 

Quote:
am very impressed with the sound track. The music is much better than Oblivion's and that's not saying Oblivion had bad music. I'm saying that it's much better.

Oddly enough there are a few clippings from morrowind and oblivion in the soundtrack. Was somewhat amused and suprised to hear 'em.

Quote:
the cities are STILL way too small. They feel at most like small outposts instead of cities.

Have to agree with that. In some cases they seem smaller than the cities in oblivion, while the world feels much larger and more interesting.

There are a few imersion breaking elements... such as fresh cabbages and lit lanterns in dungeons that are supposed to be untouched for several if not hundreds of years.

Quote:
so i decided to take a look at the help menu and i just found hotkeys! open favorites menu and hit 1-9 for weapon, spell, or item. no more pausing to switch hands. yay

Found that out as well, really handy since the UI for PC Skyrim is annoying as hell. Half the time when I'm bartering with NPCs or storing loot I somehow accidentally close the barter screen at least twice. Early on it kept removing my hotkeys and I kept having to reset them. But that seemed to of been resolved in the patch yesterday.

Hopefully the Creation Kit comes out soon. A Proper UI replacer is a gorram must.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

If you have the PC version:

Open your console and enter:
player.setav healrate 0.25

The above will reduce the health regen rate by about 1/3 (default is 0.70)

You can also change the timescale by entering:
set Timescale to 8

The above will set your Timescale to 8 (default is 20).; an 8 Timescale will be 2.5 slower than default.

I agree with you Xit, the NPCs are not very smart. I'll see if I can improve their combat once we have the Creation Kit.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:27 pm 

8) thanks for those tweaks, arwen. going to apply them now.

here's a couple more:

open skyrimprefs.ini and change

[GamePlay]
bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=0
bShowQuestMarkers=0

[Interface]
bShowCompass=0

no more magical arrows that hold your hand to the next goal. only health, enemy health, mana, and stamina show up when in use. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:58 pm 

So I'm just wondering, has anyone else had issues with pressing z in an attempt to grab something off of a table, only to shout and scare yourself in the process?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 am 

the grab key has been moved to E and you have to hold the button down. causes some accidental stashing of items.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:12 am 

Further do disabling compass and quest markers I also disabled crosshair in .ini : bCrosshairEnabled=0. It really helps immersion.

My first impression is that Beathesda made great game despite my initial fear that it will be another Oblivion-like experience. Eventually with mods we will make this game next to perfect! I am sure of it. And I hope that we will get at least 2 proper and huge expansions (one can hope).

What I really need right now is a camera mod in 3rd person. I would like to be able to have free camera look mode while walking in 3rd person (like some other games have already). This could be initiated by pressing the middle mouse button (wheel click). I really like to look at my surroundings while walking. I already made request for this mod at the beth forums:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ry19221087

I hope Arwen will take care of a "reality" for me :). I really appreciate your work and what you have already done for beth other games.

Ahh, and I also changed FOV. I am playing at 1920x1080 and I am still experimenting with various values for FOV but something aroud 85-90 I think will be the best for this resolution. Much better than default FOV for sure...

Thx,
Aarionn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:42 am 
Site Admin

I'm hoping that the Creation Kit will be released sometime this week, then the Skyrim mods should really take off.

I also feel that the game is not as bad as I had feared, and that the biggest issues will be fixed pretty soon by modders.

One of the first things that I'm going to work on is a Needs module for my Skyrim Tweaks, as I want food and drinks and beds to actually server a purpose (besides just pretending they are necessary).

I'm also playing around with FOV settings, and currenly have mine set at 85 degrees, which seems to suit my 24" monitor much better than the default FOV (which I think was 60).

For those who want to try using a different FOV, just enter the following in your console (to change to 85 degrees, or whatever value you want to try):

fov 85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:20 am 

Just how violent and gory is this iteration? Fallout and New Vegas where too much in my mind and I stopped playing those. I did not like having to constantly kill people all the time ( although I tried to play new vegas with out doing so, and got pretty far, it was the other stuff that drove me away like those blasted casinos and prostitutes)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:57 pm 

to remove health regen type in console

player.modav healrate -0.7

this removes health regen altogether

and doesnt need to be applied every time u reload

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 am 

Hi,

I just got Skyrim Yesterday afternoon and so far it's a love/hate thing for me....

For some reason mine's CTD every 12 to 18 minutes.... nothing sets it off, just walking to a quest point, walking through town etc...
not happy it's a port from consoles... was hoping it wouldn't be.
It's a pretty game graphics look awesome on my laptop. ( Asus G72x with 12 gigs of ram a 260 GTS video card and 2 500 gigs hybrid HHDs)
as I have never played with the magic side of TES I am on my PC this time..... I suck.
I agree with Arwen. the build for your PC really needs work.
and the new map..... not really liking it. kinda wish they left the same style map as Oblivion
even with all the CTD's I made it to level ten last night/early am. and I'm heading back right after I finish this post!!! ( I really need to get a life!!!!)
been looking at the mods for Skyrim on the Nexus site maybe I'll try a couple out later today.

Thanks

Eff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 am 
Site Admin

Skyrim has an audio bug, and often crashes if you have your audio setting too high. So you have to dumb down your computer's sound quality to fix this (I HATE console ports!):

In Windows 7:
Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
You will see your default sound device. Click it, then click properties.
Go to the Advanced Tab, make sure the default format is set to 44.1Khz 16-bit.
Hit Apply/OK, then run Skyrim.

In Windows Vista:
Go to Control Panel > Sound
Find your default sound device (the one that is checked). Click it, then click properties.
Go to the Advanced Tab, make sure the default format is set to 44.1Khz 16-bit.
Hit Apply/OK, then run Skyrim.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:51 pm 

Arwen:

Hi,

Thanks for the info about the audio bug. I just applied it will try it out a little later. up to level 14 now. getting used to some of the things I don't like.

Like Xit posted the kill scenes after fighting.... not so much. reminds me of some of the FPS war games I played.
The map..... found some nice fixes on the Nexus site, much better
some of the puzzles are way to easy.... hoping they get harder soon
the Z key.... I first time I used it after learning to shout....instead of picking up things......oops!!!!!!!!!
dragons.......I like dragons in the game and the fighting then isn't bad (i killed four so far) but they just look cool flying around.

wooly mammoths.... interesting, again cool but I had thought that the TES series was after that
dungeons... I really like them. after playing Oblivion all the Fallout series I was wondering how they would do them.
so far I'm liking Skyrim lots. I just need more time playing and less time for everything else!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Eff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:31 am 

I've only played a little but I'm very impressed. I'm in the middle of exams so I'm leaving Skyrim as a reward when I finish. (It's almost unbearable to know that I have to wait 6 more days before I can play it again.) I loved it. I thought the mainstreaming would make it worse, but it made it way more fun to play! I don't need to worry about leveling the wrong skill or reading the wrong skill book.

The magic has been improved so much. It amuses me just to fire magic around the place. The number one best advancement from oblivion is the graphics. Just standing on top of one of those mountains and gawking around at the unbelievable scenery is worth the walk up those 7000 steps.

I never thought I had arachnophobia, I thought it was something I had gotten over. (I crapped myself when the spider loading screen popped up. XD) But I think that hacking and slashing my way through them has helped a little. Strangely I can deal with them better when they are alive but when they die and go all limp and roll down the hill I shudder. The little ones are freakier than the big ones. I try to take them out from afar so I don't have to blindly attack while looking as far away from the screen as possible.

The crafting (mining, alchemy and enchantments) is really fun and I love mining and doing odd jobs for people. The addition of misc quests was a great idea and it can be fun to do some random objective and visit some new places. (But not a cave full of spiders, I tend to have to steel myself as soon as I see one.)

A few things I love. Flowing water. Hawks. Fish and bugs (not you spiders, you're nightmare fueled arachnids.) The way the town seems to be alive. How it doesn't feel like you're the centre of attention. How you can get a normal job and work. The NPC's voices and how every one of them is unique and interesting. Magic effects. The scenery (when I die I want to go to Skyrim minus the spiders) DRAGON FIGHTS! Playing the game on

A few things I didn't like. SPIDERS CAN'T SURVIVE IN SUCH COLD TEMPERATURES DAMNIT! The awkward finishing moves that look like you pass through the enemy like they are non-solid. THE SPIDER LOADING SCREEN THAT MAKES ME FLY OUT OF MY CHAIR (actually, I'm kind of liking being so scared of them, it makes the game more tense.)

Excellent. All of the little flaws like the UI (better than oblivion's anyway) were made up by the fact that this is the ULTIMATE fantasy sandbox. I enjoyed both morrowind and oblivion and I'm finding hard to find a ranking for them. Morrowind = Skyrim (first impressions) > Oblivion (I love you Oblivion, honestly, but Oblivion gates are the most boring and repetitive gameplay element ever and GET SOME MORE DAMN VOICE ACTORS!)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:29 pm 

Much sleep deprivation. Been pushing long days at work in addition to Terraria and Skyrim. Very tired. Oog...

I have heard that there are things you can do to make the horrible UI more usable with a mouse and keyboard. Will be looking into that tomorrow. Checking out some INI file settings tonight. There may be a way to permanently set the FOV in there, in addition to the standard Bethesda INI settings. I see here that there are some things on Nexus that make the map better? Like what, a toddler using a crayon to draw some roads?? Even THAT would be better! I may also do some research tomorrow to see if those stupid 3rd-person "finishing moves" can be turned off. Those are insanely annoying. Also, having to favorite things before you can hot-key them? Really?? A two step hot-key process?? Also, I agree with the tiny city complaints. Way too small. Period.

Other than these quibbles, liking it so far. I used the console to check out some of the high-end gear and it looks... interesting. Not a huge fan of the character art styles but at least they are consistent. Waiting eagerly for the Creation Kit like everyone else here. Definitely looking forward to "fixing" some things.

In terms of fun gameplay, yeah, good stuff. Although I did create a Nord that I am playing more like a Wood Elf, with sneaking and archery and all that. AND IT IS WORKING!! Ok... really do not think it should work so well... but whatever.

Well... back to Skyrim... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 pm 

Oh wow. Just finished reading an in-game book called The Great War.

It essentially explains many important events that have happened between the end of Oblivion and the beginning of Skyrim. It is a long book, as in-game books go, but very important. I recommend everyone read it, especially if you have been paying attention to the story and culture of Nirn since Morrowind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:55 pm 

I'm hit with mixed feeling on the game. The gameplay is more entertaining for me, and its easier to get shot down with 1 blow when you have the difficulty set high, but there is so much different.

The enchanting system has a nice concept, but feels cumbersome.
The alchemy is particularly useful, and the final perk is a must to use it effectively.
Combat still feels like your attacking and running out of range rather quickly. While this does make sense in a duel, its not a very good way to demonstrate real warfare.
Heavy armor needs its perks adjusted to reduce how powerful it is, but the differences between it and light armor are more realistic than in previous games. I do want to reduce to completely replace the fall damage perk, and reduce the weight change.
I set the health regeneration to 0.1, so it only helps after combat.
Magic has taken a turn to being extremely powerful, but if you misuse it, you end up without magicka to continue fighting. I've been using a mod that reduces the damage and cost of the novice spells, so while they aren't nearly as useful, they can act as a fall back if something goes wrong.
The armor system seemed to have returned to a more morrowind-like system, but I miss it degrading. Hopefully someone can find a nice way to re-implement the wear and tear.

Once the creation kit comes out, I guess I will have to learn to use it more proficiently than I did with Oblivion and the fallout games. I only knew fairly basic scripting, and couldn't create all that much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:50 pm 

Hi - I'm new to the group although I've been around reading it for awhile. In regards to the UI, it's leaving a lot to be desired. In Morrowind and Oblivlion, I use the mouse to move around forward, backward, and to open things and fight. However, with Skyrim, be aware if you try to remap this game! Some keys are used in different menus and if you change one to a mouse, then it breaks the others! Very frustrating and I don't know why they would use multiple uses for one key! Perhaps because if you use the layout they have set up, it keeps the keys closer together. I finally had to give up using the mouse for some features but at least I can still use it for moving around and you can program any key that has only one use to any other buttons on it without conflict, although there are very few that only have one function. So just be aware when you remap to try all features out first. I have a Logitech G15 keyboard, although not entirely compatible with Win7 it works for the most part with the new drivers I downloaded. But, you can't use the left hand keys since it messes up the quick numbers 1-8 as it changes them when you use the Logitech programmable keys. Unless of course someone knows how to solve that problem! I can get by without it though. The only key that sucks is having to use the TAB to back out of most things as it's up and left of all my other keys I use. So I have to look to find it. Not too hard since the keys are lit at night. It's just inconvenient. The game though looks good but I agree with Arwen, landmass is actually very small! It's a good thing there are tall mountains you can't climb over very easy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:14 pm 

Wow. I think I'll be sitting this one out for at least a year or so. The biggest issue I had initially was the abject ugliness of the races and... well STEAM. I refuse to go from cutesy elves to grotesque aliens. Hearing how limited char creation is now doesn't improve my opinion. Sticky interfaces particularly get on my nerves as well. The Fallouts got on my nerves VERY badly with their nasty interfaces. At least with Oblivion I can mod away most of the annoyances.

Some things mentioned in this thread alone would make me stop playing the game after 5 minutes. (These days I'm picky with my time.) Note of course, vanilla Oblivion lasted about that long for me as well. Only when I started modding did I actually play it. So perhaps there's hope for Skyrim in time. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:26 am 

Hi,

After 400+ hrs of play time Skyrim has totally locked up on me..... I can't walk anywhere or fast travel any where without a CTD. to bad as I was having fun. I really don't want to start a new game either.. I just want to finish this one and move on. I did install a couple of mods (mostly to alter the looks of the people) and a better looking map. but nothing to break the game this bad.

I have all the lastest drivers, patches, tried all the "fixes" I could find................no luck
looks like I will just go back to finishing FNV again.

I hope the next Fallout is better than this.