Arwen's Realm

A Virtual Community
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Arwen's Realm!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Companion Vilja and Cerwiden mods
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 pm 

I have just started using these 2 superb companion mods. The banter that goes on between them and my other 3 followers is amazing. But i have hit a problem. They will work with AFT and Convenient Horses, which i use. I am getting glitches, a follower not riding a horse or not dismounting. A follower just standing still, and Vilja going back to the Bannered Mare when i ask her to use her bedroll for the night. So i know i have a load order problem, any help would be fantastic. I do not use BOSS as it has crashed my Skyrim often. Here is current order of relevant mods.
AFT.esp
CH.esp
Default weapon draw patch.esp(for CH and AFT)
AFT No friendly fire spell.esp
Vilja.ESP
Cerwiden.esp

Now is the AFT mod getting priority as it is loading first, or Cerwiden because it is loading last. Also could it be that the patches are the problem. Cerwiden is not controlled by AFT or it affects her playability, only her inventory, not stats or combat. Have been racking my brain to get this right, they will work together. Any ideas anybody.
Cheers. Ben.

Post subject: Re: Companion Vilja and Cerwiden mods
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:01 pm 

Deletion of accidental dual post

Last edited by akmatov on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:01 pm 

Afraid I don't have the knowledge to advise on fixing. But if you figure it out please post the solution as Cerwiden would be interesting to check out.

But would like to say Companion Vilja is GREAT and I recommend it to anyone who might be interested! A huge amount of work went into producing the mod and it is extremely good. I had a brief correspondence with the mod author over a minor issue that turned out to be a problem with another mod and she really is Swedish. My ex-wife is North German and some of the things Vilja says makes me laugh out-loud, they are so spot on for something Ruth might say. Also, for the 'girl gamers', Vilja is a pretty young woman with a proportional body wearing underwear during those 'locker room' sequences where clothes/armour are being changed, i.e. she doesn't look like a post-op pole dancer with center of gravity issues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 am 

Ok, latest update. The load order seems fine. The problem is with the default follower system, it locks up a character sometimes. For example 1 follower will not draw a weapon, or dismount or remount. This i have found out can happen with AFT and the Vanilla follower system. Fixes i have used to rectify this are, if a follower stays mounted use the GET BEHIND ME action in AFT. If a follower will not sheathe a weapon, or has no sword in hand, use the I NEED TO TRADE SOMETHING WITH YOU command in AFT, take their weapon and give it back to them, this should reset them. If this does not work try GIVE ME SOME SUGAR in AFT, works with Cerwiden as well. I do not use AFT to change Cerwidens spells, this can mess up her Smartcast system. Do not put multiple various weapons in followers inventory, it confuses them and can lock them up. If dismissing Cerwiden use her command option, NOT AFT or you will not be able to speak to her again. When starting Cerwidens friendship quest, if you have changed your timescale it will take ages to complete. Use console set kcfdebugmode to 3 to bring up quest related topics in her dialogue, and advance her to next quest, you will have to thank her one more time. If you do not let Cerwiden lead you to a destination, as it may be a pain, let her take over just before you reach your quest marker or her AI may not kick in and the quest will not advance. I use AFT to control Cerwidens clothing, set up as following. AFT. ACTION. GEAR. UN EQUIP ALL. VIEW INVENTORY. GIVE HER OUTFIT. REMEMBER THIS OUTFIT. SELECT CITY OUTFIT. the city outfit box will be checked, all is good. Deselect city outfit box, take outfit back, repeat previous, give follower standard outfit. You will end up with standard outfit box checked, leave it checked. Now give follower back city outfit from your inventory and check on city box done! Time consuming yes, but it stops Cerwiden from ghosting new outfits, she will also still change her hairstyle. Make sure TO NOT USE Cerwidens ,THIS OUTFIT IS SPECIAL, OR THIS OUTFIT IS FOR ADVENTURING choice if using AFT and use I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO WEAR, to change from Cerwidens default wardrobe setting. Had to laugh, when she said that i better not dress her up as some tarty barmaid. Epic!
When using AFT to control wardrobe, only equip clothing and Jewellery. DO NOT include weapons. If you do, when you go to change a followers weapon you will clear the remembered outfit, and have to redo the outfit set up again!
Regarding AFT and its More Interactive follower option under settings, it has been advised not to use this with Cerwiden, but i have had no problems, though i only use it when in a city and setting up camp at night. More interactive really adds to the atmosphere of the game, and Cerwiden brushes up on her spells.
Introducing followers to Cerwiden, and having followers, and Cerwiden stay with Vilja for a while have caused no issues, and is great when they all go off shopping. God do they talk! But i can venture around the city and pick them back up later. Though Vilja buys crap, but does get me the odd pressie, so i will let her off.
Vilja is not controlled by AFT, her outfits are only armor or non armor. If you leave her naked by mistake she will let you know!
AFT has a make camp option, it is ok to tell Vilja to relax for a while, but if you ask her to use her bedroll she will go home! obviously do not use both. I have found it safer to not use viljas bedroll choice at all.
There maybe a couple of things i have missed, will add as i remember or come across.
After a week of playtesting these 2 mods with AFT, i am finally coming to grips with the little quirks, and have to say i highly recommend getting all three together. Riding along listening to everyone jabber on, is just fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 am 

Unfortunately I don't run Skyrim, but I do know the previous incarnation of Vilja (in Oblivion) quite well.

I'm sure that Emma and her team would like to hear about those oddities in Vilja's behaviour, so perhaps you could also post this on Emma's Forum at http://emmates.proboards.com/

Loriel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 am 

Ok, just a small update. If you have not completed the friendship quest for Cerwiden, deactivate follower interactive AI in AFT options. When completed reinstate and configure under AFT settings. The reason for this, is it helps the friendship quest complete as Cerwiden will stay close, and not mess up her AI. On completion reinstate the follower more interactive, it does not hinder her, though the option WILL put more strain on your system so play around with it. I also disabled mounted combat option in Convenient Horses, and followers catch up on weapon draw in AFT. These tweaks seem to have ironed out many quirks. Will keep updating as i find.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:11 pm 

Thanks for sharing all your research, much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:09 am 

Thanks Akamatov. I spent ages checking up on these mods, but there was no real information on using with AFT, so to save anyone else a headache, thought i would share my nightmare!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:04 pm 

You should post your problem at Emma's forum. This is not a social forum, it is the forum she and her team used to create the original Oblivion Companion Vilja and now the Shyrim Companion Vilja.
http://emmates.proboards.com/index.cgi
She or a member of her team will address and help solve your problem.
Cheers -Kate-

EDIT: PS; fyi emma has been making mods since Morrowind and without her and Grumpy's mods there would not be any companions. You can go here to her website and see all of her mods. http://lovkullen.net/Emma/index.htm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:03 am 

Thank you Loriel for linking this post to Emma`s site. Just went on to post all relevant information, and noticed a poster asking about Vilja and Cerwiden working together. Saved me a lot of time, cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:09 am 

Ya thank you Loriel :/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 am 

AFT has been updated to 1.6. It has a new backpack inventory system, and a home outfit setting, plus other extras. This update has locked up my Skyrim when it tries to update my third follower. Update 1.61 released today so will try this instead. Will update in the next few days on effects to Vilja and Cerwiden, if it works!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:03 am 

Well, this has been a weekend of frustration! AFT 1.61 will only work on a new game (For me). Really want to play test Vilja and Cerwiden with the new AFT, but do not want to lose 380 hours save game. Oh! What to do? Maybe have to bite the bullet!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:36 am 

Ok, quick update. Dheuster the author of AFT, has been in contact with me. So we are trying to get to the core of the problem. I am going to spend the next couple of days getting this sorted, luckily its snowing heavy here, so can not do any work on boat (WHAT A SHAME!) If and when this is sorted, i will post a complete diagnosis here, and on Dheusters site. Hopefully helping out anyone else with similar problems.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:11 pm 

O

Last edited by KateTHeBioNiCuTeRuS on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:46 am 

Thanks Kate, the good news is i always backup my saves with every new mod installed. As AFT 1.55 works fine i can just revert back if needed , though it will be a shame to not have the new features of AFT 1.61. But i am confident it will be fixed by tonight! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:19 pm 

Think i'm going to cry. Two days of hassle, getting AFT to update properly with my followers, and the Vilja and Cerwiden mods. But my 380 hour save is working, and everything is smooth as silk. Or so i thought, just checked on the Nexus, and Vilja has just been updated tonight to 4.1 !!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Where's my gun. Sob.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am 

Have just managed to update to 1.61, and have found that the reset function may be not clearing properly for me. This may be because of the other mods i have installed. My third follower is Misha from Girls of Skyrim with its patch, and her outfit Le Fangs dress conversion from Oblivion. AFT would lock up on her no matter how i tried to update, AFT would not work on a straight forward file merge or reset. In the inventory i would end up with 2 books, and outfit control would lock up the game. Though 1.55 was running fine, but i did have the missing weapon glitch sometimes.
So i created a SKSE Ini file in the SKSE folder, and entered Clearinvalidregistation=1 under a general heading. Then played the game using AFT 1.55 to help clean up the game, though AFT does not use SKSE. Then i unequipped all my followers of EVERYTHING, and dismissed them. Then i reset AFT, traveled to another indoor location, saved then quit. Uninstalled AFT 1.55 and deleted it. Restarted the game, loaded saves i wanted to clean, traveled to another indoor location, waited 24 hours, saved new, do not overwrite. I then did the same with the Friendly Fire Spell Damage Patch, as this seemed to effect Cerwidens spell selection in combat. I am not using this now, just enable NPCs ignore friendly fire. I then did the same procedure with Girls of Skyrim, and Convenient Horses. Then installed AFT 1.6, Girls of Skyrim plus patch, it saves ram, then Convenient Horses, make sure you disable followers ride extra horses in AFT.
Vilja and Cerwiden did not need a re install. Vilja is not controlled by AFT, you will not see the AFT options in her dialogue menu. Though the mod has just been updated yesterday, so i may not be out of the woods yet! Cerwiden can be left independent or controlled by AFT, I only control her outfits with AFT. Using AFTs spells system on her messes up her Smartcast system, not advisible. Also if you dismiss her, do not use AFTs main function, the hang out here in AFT is fine, but i have found that the main dismiss command stops you being able to talk to her again. i use the command in HER menu, and keep her close.
AFT 1.61 is now running smoothly, the only glitch is i can not select a home outfit for Cerwiden, she spawns her main white dress which does not appear in her backpack. Will try to figure this out in the next couple of days.
So if i have anymore problems, as i have just noticed the 1.62 update. Also need to install the new Vilja update. Oh god! I will post my solutions, though they may only work for me. All the best. Ben

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:50 am 

Ok latest update, things have gone a bit crazy on the following Nexus mod forum pages. Vilja, Cerwiden, Convenient Horses, and AFT. Due to these factors, AFT has updated from 1.55 last stable version for me at the moment, to 1.61 then 1.62, 1.63 may be out this weekend. All in the last couple of days.
Vilja has updated to 1.4 at the same time with more functions, a light spell and mounted combat etc. Now CH, and AFT both have horse options, hence there may be problems. Cerwiden has her own horse, and her options can be controlled by AFT, Cerwiden is also due to be updated soon, so may be affected. Convenient Horses was updated fairly recently, and has had problems with its MCM menu selection, due to SKYUI update, though it may have been fixed now. Some user have updated to Skyrim beta, more problems. SKYUI previous update lost some MCM functions, so all these factors are effecting these mods. It may be a while until things settle down.
My AFT 1.61 update is giving me errors, so i am going to install 1.62. Vilja 1.4, latest SKYUI, and try and fix my save. I am going to run a new game in tandem to see how they compare. Will update this weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 am 

After play testing 1.61 for a while, i have found it has problems. Cerwiden and Lydia mainly. When asking them to follow me, they would reply with lead the way, but just stand still and not follow me to a new area. This would happen after i dismissed them. The only way i could get them to follow me was to leave, then come back and talk to them again. If this did not work i used the get behind me command to somehow reset them. So i have updated to 1.62, with a manual overwrite. This version is more stable for me, but has a couple of quirks. With Cerwiden i must only use the AFT dismiss but hang out here command, after setting her to stay close when dismissed in her settings. Any other set up will lock up her settings. Also her home outfit resorts to her white dress, unless i equip her with an item with an armor value! Also i am getting her weapons cycle visibly on her back, though Dheuster thinks this may be due to the weapon poke he introduced, so may be rectified in 1.63. I have updated Vilja to latest version and she works fine alongside AFT 1.62, though her chatter speed has increased, not sure if this due to the relax option in AFT or Viljas chatter frequency option, i will test further and report findings. With Lydia and Cerwiden i keep them close in AFT options, make sure follower keeps distance box is unchecked. With all other followers, i check the followers keep distance box. This ensures that you hear Cerwidens speech, and conversations between Vilja and Lydia. If Cerwiden is at the back of your party, it is really hard to hear her sometimes if a lot is going on. I put Cerwidens Magic staff in her standard outfit, and she will only use it if you enable staff use in her combat settings. AFT, Vilja, and Cerwiden all work with Convenient Horses. Make sure to disable followers ride extra horses in AFT. Also download latest update to esp for Vilja, for her horse Bruse.
Will do further play testing to try and sort out Cerwiden's quirks, as i really want to get to the stability of AFT 1.55.
Also i will instal the Gypsy Eyes Caravan mod, when everything is stable, as i think this will complete this set of great mods.
Although at the moment, i think the relax function of followers does not work with the caravans items.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33219

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:46 am 

With further testing i have managed to sort out Cerwiden's weapons disappearing, and reappearing every few seconds. I set all Cerwiden's outfits, no weapons or her staff included. Enabled player picks outfit in Cerwidens options first. (She will make a sarcastic comment) Then fast traveled, set no staff use in her options under combat. Equipped her with a bow, arrows, sword, and her staff, in the AFT standard outfit. Then fast traveled again, opened her standard outfit, and took the weapons and staff away. Then gave them back to her, fixed. The only glitch is sometimes she will not display a two handed weapon. Cerwiden's staff can be stored in her backpack, and if staff use is selected in Cerwiden's combat option it will be equipped with whatever outfit Cerwiden is wearing.
To dismiss Cerwiden the only system i found that works for me is. Set Cerwiden to stay close when leaving in her options. Then use dismiss main option in AFT. Any other system, including dismiss but hang out here, will lock her up. It disables anything in her selection tree. Though the all followers relax option works fine.
When using Cerwiden, i have found keeping her inventory to a minimum keeps her stable. This i find helps with all my followers, because if your followers have large inventories AFT has to work so much harder, and if you have a slow rig it will cause glitches. This is why Vilja helps AFT in so many ways. Vilja is independent of AFT, in her option tree there will be nothing showing from AFT. So i keep all my followers inventories nearly empty, and use Vilja's storage bag 1 to store items i may need. Her storage bag 2 for other outfits for her, and followers. ( A walking wardrobe really! Then everything i do not want in her bag for selling. If Vilja becomes over laden, i store items in her horse saddle bags. (Well, she wanted to travel with me, so she can pull her weight! Keeping as many items away from AFT, helps it a great deal. I want it to be a follower mod, not a buggy inventory system. This system also helps me with updating, and bug testing. If all my followers had a couple of hundred or more items stored, i would not know where to start!
Cerwiden's spell system i do not change with AFT. I only use her Smart cast system. I keep her combat controlled by her, not AFT. I have found giving her multiple weapons in her backpack for storage upsets the poor girl, keep it simple. The only way to run Cerwiden smoothly with AFT is to only control her outfits. The minor settings are fine ie, pose, give me some sugar, make camp, and view stats. But if you change her combat or spells, and boost stats, you are heading for trouble.
The new version of Vilja works fine with AFT 1.62, Vilja's speech seeming faster was a result of my restarting her quest, when searching for the bottle thieves her speech seemed non stop. On completing this task and getting Vilja's option menu, which you will not have, when you first speak to her in Whiterun. The Eldergleam quest started, and her speech has slowed down in frequency.
AFT's relax function does not cause me any problems with Cerwiden, it has been advised to disable this function, but as yet it is very smooth with no fps loss. I have the Riverside Lodge and Sauna mod (Highly recommended) as my only home. Now as i have a medium rig, and Riverside Lodge is a extensive world space, It is ideal to see how RL and AFT's relax function performed. With Vilja, Cerwiden and four other followers the relax mode cost me about 2fps, not bad! I watched everyone go about different routines, Lydia went in and out of the lodge, Cerwiden dug the garden, Vilja took a soak in the hot tub, though the built in outfit removal of RL did not kick in for her, i do know that Vilja's code for undressing for swimming was changed in latest update, so this is probably the cause of the bug. The four other followers either walked around or ate. Then everyone switched roles, pretty amazing! The only thing is i thought the tasks ended too quickly. When i wanted relax to stop, I just used all followers summon and it ended smoothly, including Cerwiden. With Vilja you have to select, this is our new home, then take her outside. Inform her, this is a nice place to wander, then, ask if she wants to relax here for a while.
I wanted to test if combat for my followers was functioning correctly, so fast traveled to Falkreath, I was going to recruit another follower at the inn. ( I know, another one! I landed in the middle of a thunderstorm, pitch black, lighting forking the sky ( Minty's Lightning mod is superb ) When suddenly i was attacked by a dragon, flames shooting everywhere, it was the only way i could see the damn thing, but just at the same time, Four of Cerwidens assassins decided it was a unique time to strike. Oh crap! I thought, NO WAY IS MY RIG GOING TO HANDLE THIS. But AFT kicked in, all weapons drawn, and Cerwiden pulled out her staff, god did she go for it. Vilja ran in close as the dragon landed and hit with a few strikes, all the other followers were either shooting arrows at the dragon or laying into the assassins. Towns people and guards, were running all over the god damn place. It was hell, i was sure i would CTD, Twenty minutes later ( Thanks to Dragon Combat Overhaul, fantastic mod ) Cerwiden launched a devastating attack, while i was lashing out blindly at anything! The dragon was hit in the chest mid air and crashed to the ground . I sprinted in as Cerwiden changed to a sword attack, on reaching the dragon i hit with a few strikes alongside Vilja, which resulted in a satisfying killmove, such a fitting end to an epic battle. I then looked around to a sea of carnage, just as Vilja said," I fancy a drink i'm off to the pub. you can join me if you like" Classic.

As i further test 1.62, i will update with findings. Cheers. Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:37 am 

AFT, has just been updated to 1.63, but needs Skyrim updated to 1.9. I am a touch apprehensive to update Skyrim, as i have a stable game. Will check as much feedback as i can find on Skyrim update. When i eventually do update! And hopefully all goes well, i will test AFT 1.63 and report findings.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm 

Have spent the day updating Skyrim and various mods, have installed AFT 1.63 and play tested for about 4 hours. Will post all my findings tomorrow, as its late and i have had enough. Been a bit of a nightmare!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 pm 

Have updated AFT to 1.63, just did a manual overwrite of 1.62. Message popped up in game to say AFT was updating, though i did not get the followers updating message. I am running Skyrim 1.9, Latest SKSE, SkyUI, Vilja , though not the add on released yesterday. Also newest Cerwiden, and Convenient Horses with patch for AFT. I am not using the AFT spell patch, as this messes up Cerwiden's spell casting Smart system.
The first thing i noticed with Cerwiden was her having a major fit with her weapon, sheathing and drawing, So i took all her items away, as just taking her weapon away, and giving it back did not reset. Then i did a NPC reset in the AFT menu. Very handy get out of jail free card, an excellent new system . This solved her weapon glitch, and has not been a problem since. Concerning Cerwiden's dismiss problems of 1.62, they have now changed in 1.63 ! First i always set up Cerwiden to stay close when parting, in her subsection. Now if i use her ( Its time to part ways ) she will lock up. The wait here command is alright to use. The main (dismiss), and (dismiss but hang out here) commands in AFT, stop you selecting anything on her menu, until you leave the area, and then come back!
When selecting the (All followers relax ) command, she will lock up, so use another follower to select the (Summon all followers) command. You will then be able to use Cerwiden. There are no problems at all with other followers, with the dismiss functions. Though when i used the (All followers stop) command it dismissed everyone, i thought it was the function to stop relax mode!
Now Cerwiden and the relax mode. If starting her friendship quest disable it. This function will mess up the assassins either not appearing or getting frozen. If you want to test this, open console and enter SET KCFDEBUGMODE TO 1. Then look in Cerwidn's menu under (speak with you) and choose debug settings, change assassins to testing choice. You should have an attack fairly quickly, so you can see how relax mode effects your game, i suggest Riverwood, as your followers will be walking about, also the townsfolk will be doing their chores. Cerwiden should warn you of an appending attack. When you have finished testing just enter the same in console but with a zero to clear it. I personally keep it in Cerwiden's menu all the time. If you set debug mode to 3, you can advance her quests. I am running 2 saves, one after Cerwiden's friendship quest has been completed, and one before. It takes a long time to gain her trust. The AFT relax option does not hinder my later save game. But hinders the friendship progression for my earlier save game. Don't get me wrong, i think the relax mode is fantastic, so i pick and choose when to use it. It is smoother than 1.62 and does not hit my Fps. It's great that it can be adapted to each gamers playing style.
The inventory system is all working smoothly, and faster on all followers, though Cerwiden's home outfit selection still needs an armor rating. Though i do suggest trying various outfits, just in case one works. Cerwiden has no problems with a 2 handed weapon now. though the missing weapon on various followers does happen occasionally, but this can be down to system stress, or Skyrim itself. The weapons do come back eventually. Or you can swap them in and out of the followers outfit.
All of the poses, dance for me, etc, work fine on Cerwiden, and followers. If you find a follower is not moving when in relax mode, deselect (follower keeps distance) and they should start using the enviroment. Noticed this with Lydia, she would just stand still.
If you want to send the girls off shopping, i found with Cerwiden, that i had to leave the area, then come back, to get her to follow me again. She obviously had not got the right type of shoes! All other followers, shopped nicely with Vilja, and i could tell them to stop keeping her company.
Vilja works fine with AFT, though she still has the odd glitch swimming, not going naked sometimes, also still does not remove her clothes in the Riverwood lodge sauna. Though i have been informed this was a fix done to stop Vilja clothes being stripped by AFT, and may be fixed shortly. Did have one occasion when Vilja had a invisible sword, and refresh did not work. So i had to move to another area to bring it back. Also her speech spacing speed is back to normal, as it seemed to be less of a gap between comments in AFT 1.62. If you select Vilja's (you can wander a bit) choice, and tell followers to keep her company, be careful. She said "excuse me" Walked out the door with 3 of my followers in tow. I was buying supplies at the time, so finished, and thinking she had gone to the pub looked there, no sign. Spent ages trying to find her, in the end went home only to find her, and followers all in bed asleep!
I do not use any boost functions for my followers, as i think it makes them too powerful. With Cerwiden i control her spells, and combat in her settings, not AFT. Otherwise it bugs her Smart cast system. Her heal outside combat option will not work with AFT, never has. Though you can now teach Vilja certain spells, so you can utilize Vilja for magic as well.

The continuous sheathing sound that could happen in earlier versions of AFT, has not resurfaced, thank god! But now as already reported, when taking original items from new followers, the item gets a stolen symbol in players inventory, not needed i think.
Horse operation is fine with all these mods together. Though sometimes followers will stand up on their horse, but i think this may be my system just catching up, when a lot is going on. CH options can be changed in it's MCM menu, just disable (Followers ride extra horses) in AFT, also i select horses are oblivious. Vilja and Cerwiden have no problem with mounted combat, as Vilja now has this option in her new version. Though i still have yet to give it a real test.
When loading into a city or other area, AFT followers outfit change is fast, and with no errors. All the menu selections are quick and responsive.
Still going to test further this week, and will update.
Cheers. Ben.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 am 

With further testing, have found that Vilja was not running correctly. This is due to script errors, which have now been updated, on Vilja's site. Cerwiden dismiss functions seem to be better now, and AFT running smoother with this update fix for Vilja. I will test further and post findings asap.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:16 am 

Just a small report on retesting AFT 1.63, with correct script files update from Vilja. All of Cerwiden's dismiss functions now work correctly. except the main dismiss command in AFT. You have to leave the area and then come back, to be able to speak with her again. Cerwiden's, Vilja's, and followers options all work correctly. If you are having problems with Cerwiden, disable follower relax mode. The home outfit selection seems less bugged for Cerwiden, some outfits automatically equip her greaves, and do not appear in her inventory. So play around with your outfits to see which one she likes. With all followers keep weapons selection basic, if you equip your follower with several enchanted weapons they will get confused, and also not recharge or lose the soul charge to the item.
AFT 1.64 has just been released today, and includes an individual follower relax mode setting, which should help Cerwiden. So i am updating and will test.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:01 am 

Update for this post will hopefully be this weekend, as i have been very busy lately. Need to do more testing as Lydia is not working with Vilja, may be due to latest Skyrim update or script problems.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:54 am 

After updating to AFT 1.64 with a straightforward manual install, and also a full reset and new installation. I had 2 problems i could not rectify. Lydia would not follow Vilja she would go home instead, and if i tried to manage outfits on any of my Temptress race followers, the game would lock up. So have gone straight to AFT 1.65 as spent too long trying to resolve issues.
With AFT 1.65 i installed with a full reset. Lydia is fixed, she will go shopping with Vilja, and follow her around. The Temptress followers i can manage their outfits but i have to keep to a system when recruiting. Open the gear menu, view inventory and take everything from them. Then set up outfit management and equip them, but if i give them Daedric arrows it will make the game crash later on. If i can not rectify the Temptress race problems, i may remove the Temptress mod. I have a feeling the latest Skyrim update may be responsible for these errors.
Cerwiden and AFT 1.65 are working nicely together, the individual follower relax mode is excellent. The chatter option and follower distance really helps Cerwiden, and all of her dismiss functions work correctly. With the stage of her quest to find the Sad giants shield, i asked her to lead the way and she summoned her horse and i followed her all the way to its location. She will use her horse, not one supplied by Convenient Horses, when she has completed the journey Cerwiden will use her CH horse again. Cerwiden will still not heal outside of combat, though this has been an issue since day one. If you want to be healed outside of combat you can set up Vilja's healing spell, as i do to heal me. Outfit management on all followers works nicely, though i do keep their inventories to a minimum to help speed up AFT. All of AFT's command functions work on Cerwiden, also the all followers relax mode is superb. When you want them to stop relaxing just use the all followers summon command. The new follower distance parameters are better, if they are blocking my path in a doorway i just walk into them and they step back. Cerwiden has no weapon issues now, and is stable in combat.
I am still testing 1.65, but so far this is the best version for Cerwiden.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 am 

Vilja has just been updated today, so will update and test.
So far Cerwiden is still very stable with AFT 1.65. only issue i have found, is if you use main command for all followers to all relax, you can not use any of the options for Cerwiden again. You have to use summon all followers command in another companions dialogue tree, to enable the options in Cerwiden again.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:46 am 

Yesterday before i updated AFT to 1.66 and Vilja to 1.5, i decided to test Cerwiden on a save 24 game hours in, to see if the summon command still played up with AFT 1.65.
This save is just outside Riverwood, 24 hours game time, with only Skyrim and update connected to save.
Now this 24 hour factor is very important, it is a safe enough time to then have new installed mods kick in.
Every other mod installed,(Shooting Stars and Minty's Lighting you have to save and quit to enable) all except AFT 1.65. Though it was working on my 400 hour real time save.

The follower commands appeared but not the spells or book. So i enabled Cerwiden as a follower, saved and quit game. Then i reloaded save to see if AFT's spell and book appeared, but they did not. So i used Cerwiden to enable the AFT main reset command in her AFT follower dialogue, let AFT reset, then saved and quit.
I disabled AFT in Tes Mod Manager, reloaded save, fast traveled to another location, waited 24 hours, saved and quit game.

Now i had a clean save just after 24 hours, as AFT 1.65 had attached part of it's mod, but not completed.
With my 400 hour save, i did not touch it. As far as Skyrim was concerned it was still using AFT 1.65.

In Tes Mod Manager, i deleted my OMOD version of AFT 1.65. Then created an AFT 1.66 OMOD, this is a system i do with all my mods.
I never place files manually in the Skyrim folder, as deleting files becomes a major headache, even my texture packs are OMOD's.
I then enabled AFT 1.66, make sure it is in the same load order as before, if it gets placed in the wrong location, move it, close Tes Mod Manager, then reopen and check if form ID is correct. Always use this system when moving mods. I also save a load order file when creating, installing a mod, just in case of crashes, or playing with load order. Then i ran FNIS, even though some mods may not need it, i make sure, just to get into the routine.
The 24 hour save loaded up AFT 1.66 correctly, spell and book with all follower commands, so i saved then quit.
I loaded the 400 hour save, that still had AFT 1.65 attached, and it updated correctly to AFT 1.66, with all functions working correctly.
I then deleted my old Vilja OMOD, created a new Vilja 1.5 OMOD, and installed. Make sure you delete the 4 script files updates in your script folder, as they are included in Vilja's 1.5 BSA.
Everything updated correctly, and my game is running smoother than ever.

AFT 1.66 has a faster response time, and it is a lot smoother. I have even been able to add 1GB of textures, with no problems. Cerwiden is changing outfits quicker, all weapons function correctly, she and Vilja, along with Lydia never shut up, i can not keep up with their conversations! The gameplay is getting closer to perfection, just more interaction between Vilja and Cerwiden, and i will be a very happy bunny!
Transfer time into a new location, and outfit change on all followers is quicker, though the set home option in AFT does not work on Rayek's end.
Also i have deleted Lively Inns and Taverns, as having an entourage entering the Bannered Mare, with so many Npc's inside at busy times, would be too much for my system, and it would CTD. This mod is abandoned anyway. If you delete it, make sure your save is well away from an area with an Inn, as your save will crash on reloading.
I am going to install the NPC'S mod this weekend, and test Dheuster's patch instead.

Just in case your interested my load order is.

AFT
CH
CH WEAPON PATCH
GIRLS OF SKYRIM
OTHER FOLLOWERS (Various)
VILJA (2nd from bottom)
CERWIDEN (Last)

This is the most stable order i have found, and i have changed it countless times!
I am sure there is some issue with AFT starting a new save, have had this problem before, though can not fathom why.
Will test a new save with AFT disabled completely, and see what happens. Also will continue to test all these mods together, and report findings.
Just my personal view, i think 5 followers in AFT is sufficient enough, i never continuously play with this many, only for testing. Everything gets too crowded indoors, and more followers would put extra system stress on Skyrim, which would lead to more problems. AFT lets you choose from a possible 32! The only thing i would like to see in AFT, is a better campsite option, and an all followers interacte with each other option when camping.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 am 

Have been testing, AFT 1.66, INPCS main file with AFT INPCS ADDON, alongside latest Vilja, Cerwiden, and CH.
Everything is pretty stable with only a couple of quirks, will post a full report soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 am 

After a while of testing AFT's ADDON for the INPC's mod, I can report AFT's INPC's ADDON is a nearly perfect patch.
I am using, AFT 1.66, latest Vilja, Cerwiden, various other followers, Convenient Horses, and the main INPC's file.

I have recruited and dismissed standard, and super followers. The only issue i have found is the AFT main dismiss command would sometimes not work, but the Alas it's time to part ways or the Dismiss but hang out here function worked fine. So i would suggest users just ignore the main dismiss command in AFT when using an INPC follower.

I have had Vilja, Amalee, Jade, Brakh, Goth and Cerwiden in my party, with no issues. So the reported problem concerning not being able to recruit more than 2 INPC followers is not due to AFT's ADDON patch. It is either a load order issue or a corrupt install. INPC's is a huge mod, so i would recommend to check an unpacked version, against your installed files.

All of AFT's functions work correctly, and outfit management has worked ultra fast, and smooth on all followers.
AFT 1.66 is the most stable, quickest version so far. Outfit change when moving into another location is really crisp, earlier versions of AFT seemed to sometimes suffer from lag when equipping different outfits.

When introducing a INPC follower to Cerwiden, they may both just stand still, take the INPC's followers weapon away, then give it back. This will refresh them. Cerwiden will now heal them in combat, and will have the INPC follower added to her friend list.

AFT 1.66 is such an improvement that i have been able to increase my AF, with no problems.
Also have added the Monster mod, to give my followers more encounters, and have had some very satisfying battles. All of my followers have fought correctly, and weapon change has been flawless.

AFT's relax function works excellently on my INPC followers, and idle chatter or follower keeps distance does not hinder them. Though conversations can get a bit overwhelming, when everyone talks at once!

I set Cerwiden to use relax option, as in the past this has messed up her Friendship quest, and tested to see if it would complete.
She wandered around, used equipment, and after a few days her Friendship quest completed. It does take a while, but now it works.

The only flaw is the make camp option, seems to take forever, and hardly ever sets up correctly. Would really love this to be expanded, smoothed out.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:45 am 

Just to edit the information concerning adding a friend to Cerwiden, this does not enable her to heal a companion, it attaches them to her Call target focus option, which i do not use, as AFT has various options. My mistake!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:21 am 

Convenient Horses and INPC's have just recently been updated, so i will test these new updates.
Have previously carried on testing, and have had no issues, game is running very smoothly with all of the above mods.
All my INPC followers ride horses, and use AFT commands, Vilja and Cerwiden are working flawlessly, if they do not work for you check your load order, i have AFT loading first.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am 

I continue to appreciate your sharing your experiences with mix of some of the best mods for the game

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:20 am 

Thank you Akmatov, though can not believe this post has had over 2000 viewings. Just shows there are people visiting Arwens site, though not joining, or posting though. Shame really, Arwen deserves better.

I am going to install the Inconsequential NPC's mod, and test this weekend.
Also just noticed have not listed my load order with INPC and AFT patch, so here it is.

AFT 1.66
CH
CH WEAPON PATCH for AFT
INPC's main file not FMC version
AFT INPC's patch
GIRLS OF SKYRIM
OTHER FOLLOWERS (Various)
VILJA (2nd from bottom)
CERWIDEN (Last)

All my outfits and armour mods load before AFT in one group. Between other followers and Vilja, i have lighting,weather, game changing mods, all grouped so lighting loads, then weather, then combat.
All my textures are hand chosen from various mods, i unpack archives to loose folders, pick and choose what i want, and move to a new textures folder. Then i create a OMOD with Tes Mod Manager, and install. This system for textures makes it easier to install and uninstall, as i do not like installing loose files to Skyrim directly. With this system for textures, i have 5 different personal texture packs, that i can change in minutes, instead of spending ages chasing down loose files.

Just a short note, AFT is a script heavy mod, if your game is running well, but getting close to borderline, do be aware of installing another mod that relies heavily on scripts, as your game will suffer, also check your script folder for any left over pex files that should not be there. Also use Clear invalid registrations, it will reduce CTD's.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 am 

Just purchased Dragonborn last week, as Steam had it on sale .
Also following mods updated to latest versions.

Convenient Horses,
INPC's main file,
SKY UI,
SKSE,
Skyrim Unofficial patch,

Installed Unofficial Dragonborn patch,
Solstheim Climate Overhaul (Can be used with The Imaginator) no fps loss for me, excellent lighting.
Solstheim texture pack.
Then rounded it off with Vilja in Solstheim. (Main reason for buying Dragonborn)

AFT 1.66 kicked in with a message AFT Dragonborn files have initiated, wish all mods would do this.
All of AFT's functions are still working correctly on the mainland, and in Solstheim.
Vilja, and Cerwiden have no issues in Solstheim, and all my INPC followers work correctly except as before, Leaving the main dismiss command alone in AFT.
Outfit change in Solstheim, and the mainland is still crisp, and weapon change with oufits has no issues.
All followers are using horses correctly, Mounting and Dismounting has actually improved. So there is no issue with the CH update.
Combat with the following mods installed is very satisfying, and leads to lengthy battles. With no issues from my followers. (I select, No combat healing in AFT) for my follower, and no boosts.
Dragon Combat Overhaul,
Radiance.
Duel Combat Realism.
Skytest Harder Creatures.
Monster Mod.

I also use Killing Traps, though enable Followers do not set off traps in AFT, So my Dragonborn can take serious damage, but has in effect shown followers where trap is, if discovered.
As if you have a lot of followers, they keep setting them off in a confined space.

Vilja is as chatty as usual, and Cerwiden still completes her quests, though i do not manage her spells with AFT. Though she has some nice new outfits, and heals me when needed. Game is running smoother with latest updates, though some users have reported crashes when installing new USKP, and trying to enter Dragonsreach, Though i do not have this problem,so it could be a memory, or load order issue. Also users report that they can not return back to skyrim mainland with Dragonborn patch, i have no problem returning, so could be the same issue.
With all these new additions i was expecting some flaws, but i have had no CTD's, or bugs to report.

So even with all these new updates everything is running smoother, also Skyui has a nice favourites menu.

Will continue to test, and then install/test Falskaar, Inconsequential npc's, and report findings.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:03 am 

Have spent last couple of days testing Falskaar, with AFT 1.66.

First off, it is advised to wait awhile, before you start, to let Falskaars game mechanics kick in, or npc's will be bugged.

I travelled with Vilja, Cerwiden, Lydia, and 2 other followers.

There were no nav mesh issues, and my party followed with no problems to Falskaar, i even set all followers to relax, to see if ay errors arose, and if fps were affected. All my followers used various areas to relax on the way down the mine, and fps did not suffer. New area loading was fast, and my followers materialized in a new location, with no lag. I could turn around and view my party straight away, and all my followers were equipped correctly.

On entering Falskaar, loading time was very quick, all of my followers transfered with no issues. All of their inventories were intact, and outfits correct.
All of AFT's functions perform correctly, and i have no issues with Vilja or Cerwiden.
I have even heard a couple of new lines of dialogue from Cerwiden. ( Or i just missed them previously! )

Decided to travel to Amber, so used Convenient Horses horse call, All of the horses appeared, and Vilja's horse Bruse had no issues.
All of CH options work, and my horse inventory which is substantial was intact.
The only option i had to rectify was the millisecond response time from 350 to 360, in the CH MCM menu to sort out my controller. As the multiple button action was not working properly.

Decided to do the chicken quest, which resulted in a series of quite difficult battles. There was a lot of magic flying about, Cerwiden performed flawlessly, doing healing, and launching counterstrikes.

Vilja was her usual robust kill everything, but did have a hard time of it.

Lydia switched between sword and shield to her bow, when needed. As my remaining followers shot arrows from a distance.
Followers did not get stuck, and eveything was very smooth. Extremely impressed.

So in short AFT 1.66 works extremely well with Falskaar, alongside Vilja, Cerwiden, CH and INPC.s
Everything is smooth, has a very quick response time, with no bugs, and thankfully no CTD's.
I'm happy.

Will keep testing and report. Next up Inconsequential Npc's.

Just a few other mods i can confirm work with above.

The Imaginator including MCM menu. I have adjusted Falskaars colours, looks fantastic now. This mod does not give me save bloat (Never has)
Realistic Lighting wIth Customization ( No fps loss unlike ENB mods) Darker nights, great lighting.
Mintys Lightning, More Rain, Dramatic Clouds ( Had a fantastic storm in Amber, and as it is so open, i could see lightning striking all over)
Improved Reverb.( Really helps vanilla sounds, and followers speech. Makes thunder sounds with Mintys Lightning, sound amazing)
TRO Basic Needs ( Workstation option does not show in blacksmith dialogue. though you can use equipment for free )
Drop lit Torches ( Great for darker dungeons, when RLWC is used, and fighting in total blackness )
Duel Combat Realism ( Great for meaty battles )
Improved Combat Sounds. ( Hear those hacks! )

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 am 

Started a new save yesterday, just to see if recent updates for some of my mods worked.
I loaded a save 24 hours in, and noticed AFT did not have readme or spell.
So i think i have found a solution, that may help those with a similar problem.
I disabled AFT, started my 24 hour save with no mods attached. Then let all other various mods kick in. Saved, reloaded, as some MCM mods need this system to activate. Saved again. Then activated AFT, presto! AFT kicked in with all options. Tried it ten times, and worked every load.
So it seems for my game, that AFT likes it when no other mod is installing/activating.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:11 am 

AFT has just had an optional update added, increasing follower party limit to 7, and controlled followers to 64. So i am going to test.
Though i doubt i will keep it, as i think 5 followers max plus Vilja, is just fine. As dungeons will just get too crowded.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 am 

Spent a wet Saturday, testing the Follower Boost Addon. So here are my findings.
Copied all my saves to a backup location
Installed Addon as an OMOD2, and placed the esp as follows.

AFT 1.66
AFT Follower Boost
CH
CH/AFT Weapon Draw Patch
INPC'S
AFT/INPC'S Patch
Various other follower esp's
Lighting/ Weather/Game changing esp's ( None that will influence AFT )
VILJA
VILJA in SOLSTHEIM
CERWIDEN ( Bottom )

Loaded game, and a message box appeared confirming install of AFT Follower Boost. Excellent nice, and clear system.
Went to Riverwood, and recruited 5 more followers. So in total had 8, as i have Vilja in my party, and wanted to see how maxed out my game would be, on my poor laptop.
Recruited all with no issues, i just went for a bunch of Girls of Skyrim. Nice little posse!
AFT message informed of follower count being reduced from 64.
So increase from 32 to 64 is working.

Wandered around Riverwood, and tested all functions of AFT'S menu.
All outfit management worked correctly on all followers. All other functions worked as they should.
Tweak spell functions all work. Followers going in and out of stealth mode was fast, about a second.
All followers in relax mode, did not hit my fps as hard as i thought it would. It is actually better for my system, as everyone is spread out, not in a single line to my rear. As when they are behind me, turning around can sometimes make my system stutter, as it loads.

So i set up Alexina as a Spellsword, and gave her flames, then sparks in her tweak spell setting. Then equipped her with 2 steel swords.
Then checked all info on various followers.
Everything was correct, though in the Misc section, the follower count was ie. 3 of 32. ( Not 64 ) on all folowers.
Also in Alexania's Misc view, her Tweak spells showed as flames in box 1, and flames in box 2, But under Magic, View Tweak Spells it was correct as flames, and sparks. So something is wrong with the Misc section.
Fast travelled, and had a battle in Helgen.
Alexania was set up to stay close, so i could watch her in action.
The bandits hit, and Alexania launched a flame spell, though Vilja did get in the way. Alexania fought with 2 swords at the same time, though she will only equip 1, when you draw your weapon. This is normal.
After the fight finished Vilja was not happy, so went for Alexania. Not pretty! First time i have had this happen, though i just sheathed my weapon, and they both stopped. Think this may be due to my system catching up, with having 2 extra scripted followers.

So all in all, pretty much there, and Dheuster is going to fix the Misc section.

Oh, and there were no issues with Convenient Horses, or Cerwiden. She greeted all the extra girls correctly.
I will continue to test on various stages of game with different saves, and let you know of any problems.
I was not going to keep the follower boost, but as it is not too stressfull on my Fps, i will keep it, when it is updated. Also Dheuster may incorperate, a 5 limit option. So AFT ends up with a choice between 1 and 7 followers controlled.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:00 am 

Just a small tip ref Cerwiden, if you do not receive her message. " You notice Cerwiden studing new spells, from her book"
Or something similar, i can not remember exactly! When you level up, disable or enable her Follower can relax option, and she will take out her spell book, and start reading.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am 

Interesting NPC's has recently been updated with a new beta version, if you are using AFT, do not update. As you will have issues. Dheuster author of AFT is working in conjuction with INPC author on a new patch, to go with the complete release of INPC update scheduled for 1/9.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:32 am 

Inpc's is due to update again to fix bugs, so i am glad i have held off updating. There seems to be a lot of issues with AFT, mainly dismissing and recruiting, though Dheuster has still to release updated AFT/INPC patch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 am 

Some Cerwiden users are reporting with latest update to Convenient Horses that Cerwiden will not summon a horse, though i do not know if this happens with or without AFT installed. As i have still held off updating INPC's and CH, i can not test yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 am 

The recent conflicts concerning latest update to CH and Cerwiden seems to be effecting UFO users, so i think AFT is fine, as no issues have been mentioned.
Have just installed Inconsequential NPC's, and have been testing, everything has worked flawlessly no CTD's or issues.
The only slight problem i encountered was my FPS suffered slightly in Solitude, due to the Town crier. But it was not a major problem, all other Npc's added by this mod have been fine, a highly recommended mod. Really adds to the atmosphere of Skyrim.
Here is my latest load order.

AFT 1.66
AFT Follower Boost
CH
CH/AFT Weapon Draw Patch
INPC'S
AFT/INPC'S Patch
Various other follower esp's
Lighting/ Weather/Game changing esp's ( None that will influence AFT )
VILJA
VILJA in SOLSTHEIM
CERWIDEN
Inconsequential NPC's (Bottom)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:12 am 

Have just updated Vilja to latest version, and am getting to grips with her slightly confusing wardrobe system.
No problems with her working alongside AFT. I will post a full report after the weekend, and hopefully do a simple concise usage of Vilja's outfit changing control.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:58 am 

Hi everyone.
Have been doing a hell of amount of testing over the last few days, mainly for a lovely user on Nexus.
So will be adding a report of about six new followers, used alongside the current list above.
I will add it this weekend, it will include recent updates to USKP, Vilja, and Inigo. Also Better Quest Objectives.

Still testing at the moment, but should be finished soon.

Bye for now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:58 am 

Having recently done a lot of testing this week. i thought i would add the details of some followers,
and the recent installation of Inigo, which before helping out a very nice user on nexus, i had no previous inclination to install, how wrong i was!

Ref. Eryniel Elf Reborn Follower.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30175/?

I placed her below AFT, i did optimize her textures though, and patch her to CBBE curvy.

Lovely follower, i had been tracking Eryniel, but forgot all about her!

She worked fine, all of AFT's functions worked correctly, and i could introduce her to Cerwiden, so she would be enabled in Cerwiden's Call Target Focus option for battles, and be listed on Cerwiden's friend list.

I may remove her Leaf magic feet effect though, as it is annoying,

But otherwise i have no problem with keeping Eryniel in my game, she also chats very nicely with Vilja.

Ref. Sighne Follower.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37372/?

I placed Sighne below AFT, and recruited her with no issues, she strolls around the Companions quarters nicely before you recruit her. Annoyingly she has the same voice type as Lydia, now as i have Lydia in my party, the conversations get very messed up with Vilja.

When i introduced her to Cerwiden, i had an instant CTD. Happened 5 times, so i removed, This is the first follower that has caused this with Cerwiden. So something is not correct in the mod.

It could be down to certain assets used from Lydia with the Creation kit to make the Sighne mod.

Shame really as i really like her, so i have removed, but will look back at her later, when i have more time.

Though if you do not ever use Lydia or Cerwiden, you may have no problems.

Update.
The follower Compatibility patch, fixed this issue with Cerwiden. So i am back to using her, though not with Lydia.
She really is an incredible, gritty character.

Ref. Shandar Follower.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/42714/?

Now Shandar is a fantastic looking character. He's huge! I installed him above AFT as advised by the mods author.

On entering the Dead Mans Drink inn, after the location loaded i had CTD. Tried everything to get inside nothing worked. So put Shandar below AFT in my load order, no CTD. The inn loaded but 3 of my followers went home, i recruited Shandar anyway, and tried to Summon my 3 lost followers, but to no avail.

Something had caused the 3 followers in AFT to be dismissed. Also on leaving the inn Shandar would not follow me, tried everything, but had to give up on this mod, it was just causing too many issues.

I will check on the forum, to see if anything the same has been reported. As it is similar to a Inigo and INPC's problem that has been mentioned, so something may come to light, that eventually solves the issue.

Update.
Shandar was fixed when i retested with the Follower Compatibility patch. Though i have deactivated for the moment, due to dirty edits. I could introduce him to Cerwiden, but had to unstick him by doing the weapon remove fix
But i am going to get him sorted, as he has good interaction with Vilja.

Ref, Lethan Shadowleaf Elven Follower.

Now this fellow is a touch on the tall side, or i am just short! Good armour included, and seems quite dastardly! Installed below AFT, with no issues.
Have yet to hear him, and Vilja natter, though It may come later.
Introduced to Cerwiden with no issues. Roams the roads between Whiterun, Riverwood, and Falkreath. Stops at the inns, took me ages to find him!
I get the feeling that The Dead Mans Drink is his local, it must serve a better pint of ale!
I am going to optimize him though, as he is whopping 180mb! But well worth keeping.

Ref. Danya Follower.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36417//?

Now i have been using her for a while, works great with AFT, load below.
She is short, tough, and scowls at you, in a kind of cute way.
Or she is just deciding which part of my body to stick her knife in!
Really do like her character.

Ref. Inigo First Test.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40960/?

I installed 1.1b Better follower compatible version of Inigo, and placed it below, and above AFT.

On loading my test save in Riften, my last 2 recruited INPC followers walked away. When speaking to them they still acted as being recruited, but would not follow. No follow me dialogue would appear.

Also Lydia just bloody vanished, she was away so fast when my back was turned!

Cerwiden also walked away, she still acted as if she was following, but again no go. She would not follow, and no AFT follow command would appear.

One of my INPC followers actually went back into the Temple of Mara, where i originally recruited her from, so she must have actually been dismissed from my party. I tried but could not recruit her, as again no follow me option anywhere in the dialogue tree.

Vilja was not affected as she is a totally self contained mod.

So i tried to recruit a new follower, but i had no luck. The follow me option would appear, they would reply with " Lead the way " But no joy, they would not move.

Then i noticed something interesting, all that was left of my party. Were Vilja (Totally independent mod)

The first INPC follower i recruited, and Marcurio the last vanilla follower i recruited.

Now this is a similar fault that has been mentioned with the INPC's new version by some users, it stopped the AFT patch allowing more than 1 INPC follower to be recruited. Now for Inigo, to go even further, by dismissing vanilla followers, and cerwiden, it could be the same fault just across a broader spectrum ? Ie. just allowing 1 type of follower to be recruited.

I may be barking up the wrong tree here, as i am not a modder, but a script somewhere, similar to a recent INPC script in it's new update, is most likely corrupting AFT.

Possibly looking at the script files of INPC's and Inigo, and the AFT/INPC Addon patch, one similar new script may pop up as being the culprit, thus hopefully solving all three mods issues at once.

Ref Inigo Second Test

Step 1.

I Installed Inigo 1.0 and placed it just above AFT.
Loaded current save, no one walked away or were dismissed.
So that was better.

Went and released Inigo, went through his dialogue, and recruited him with the owe me debt thing.
He replied fight alongside you, or something similar, stood up. Then parked his bum back on his chair !
Respoke to him, but to no avail. No AFT options appeared, also no follow me dialogue whatsoever.

So step 2.

Added the Follower compatibility mod latest version. Placed esp at the bottom of my load order.
Kept Inigo version 1.0 right above AFT 1.66.

No one walked away, or was dismissed, all AFT options still worked.
Released Inigo from jail again again.
Went through his dialogue, asked him to pay his debt, Inigo agreed.
He stood, then sat down again!
So spoke to him again, and lo and behold . The "Follow me" text appeared.
So i asked Inigo to follow me, he agreed.
AFT kicked in, reduced follower count, and Inigo proceeded to cling to my coat tails.

Went outside the jail, where i had left all the other followers except Vilja.
So Cerwiden, Lydia, Marcunio, 1 super INPC follower, and 2 standard INPC's were waiting for me.

I used AFT's Summon all followers command in the dialogue tree, having previously used the All followers stop command,
Everyone surrounded me,
All of my followers were fine, all of AFT's functions worked.

Then tried my horse call from Convenient Horses, all followers including Inigo grabbed their horns,and all horses appeared for every follower, and all the horse functions worked fine.

Then had a battle with some weird creatures from the Monster mod Reborn, Everyone performed as they should.

So Inigo 1.0 plus the Follower compatibility mod works.

Also Inigo 1.1, or 1.1b will just not work for me, either on their own, or with the Compatibility patch alongside it.
Followers do not walk off, or get dismissed. But no matter what i do, i can not recruit Inigo.

So something in the update, effects AFT. Which is a good thing, as it narrows down the options, also it maybe possible to check against the new INPC update. Which has been reported as causing problems with AFT for some users.

So just to rectify.

Inigo should be above AFT.

The Compatibility has to be installed with it, at least with my game, and placed at the bottom of the load order.

Also Vilja has no issues.

Cerwden works.

INPC'S 2.43 works fine.

CH works fine.

All of the above Ref. followers work.

So far as much as i have played, Inigo is a fantastic mod, and the voice acting is superb.

Also a big mention for Vamyan and his Follower Compatibility mod, for without his work i would be stuffed.
His fix also stopped a crash, when introducing Cerwiden to Sighne, and the issues with Shandar follower.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41524/?

Tried to post a link for Lethan, but the mod has been removed, due to authors RLI.
Do not why they did not just leave it on, and just say they were no longer supporting. As it worked fine.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:00 pm 

Hi everybody, sorry i have not posted in a long time. But i had Meningitis a while ago, and was within minutes of leaving this fair planet. Have since moved home, changed my job, and had a bit of a kick start. Though the good news is the brain swelling i suffered , not that i had much of one in the first place! Made me averse to smoking, go figure! So i gave up instantly! So something positive.
I have been testing more mods in the last couple of weeks, so will write up a report when i am free from work, all the best to everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:52 pm 

Ok it seems that no one is interested in these posts, so i think it is time to say goodbye. Salutations to everyone, and thank you Arwen to replying. Bye.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:11 pm 

Sorry about that. I personally do not use third party mods often if ever because of the conflicts involved withe mods. That's not to say I don't enjoy reading about them and it would be nice if people actually posted some images of those mods, perhaps it would inspire more interest. That being said, I do read most of your post and just because I don't respond since I don't really have any input on the subject does not mean I do not enjoy reading them. Especially when you post the fixes you find to make them work. Maybe others are the same way????

No doubt you notice that people don't spend a lot of time posting here and only visit on occasions. It's not a very active site to say the least but does get active when new programs come out based on the Elder Scrolls. Sorry we are so unresponsive.