Arwen's Realm

A Virtual Community
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Arwen's Realm!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: The Airport . . . a new Category
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Over the past few months I have spent most of my free time working on my website, with most of my effort going into expanding and updating my Flightsim Journal part. The biggest change is that my Flightsim Journal, which previously only covered MS Flight, is now mainly focused on Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D. My updates all went online late last night, so I spent this morning making a couple of forum changes, to reflect the latest changes to my website.

The new Airport portal is actually the new Flightsim category, which I named "Airport" so that it would fit in better with the rest of our Realm's main categories (which is how the separate forums are organized).

Currently the Airport category contains three Flightsim forums:
  • Prepar3D (a new forum)
  • MS Flight (which was previously under the Gaming Portal).
  • Other Flightsims (a new forum). If there is enough interest in other flightsims, I'll consider creating additional forums (but, until then, threads about them should be put in the Other Flightsims forum).

Note: The "Other Flightsims" forum isn't limited to Civil Aviation types of sims, but can also include Combat Flightsims, as well as space flightsims [Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen are both well into development].

Prepar3D has become a LOT more popular with the release of version 2.0 (11/25/14), but it can be difficult to find useful information on it . . . since some of the more popular flightsim forums can be very biased, where threads often end up becoming heated debates about which flightsim is best. I won't let that happen here. Every flightsimmer has to decide which flightsim(s) best meets their own virtual flying needs, and everyone's need are different. My goal is not to win anyone over to Prepar3D, but to provide honest information about this flightsim, and to share what I have learned from actually using this sim.

Arwen's Star Citizen Journal

Post subject: Re: The Airport . . . a new Category
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:25 am 

Thanks Arwen, your Flightsim Journal is an excellent read! Makes me want to go back to Flight Sims :-) I used to play a lot Sims from Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Simulator on the C-64 to Falcon 4.0 on the PC. But then i kind of stoped as i got more interested in other genres.